REPORT COMING JULY 1ST
We couldn’t bear the thought of not moving forward with a Short-Term Missions event this summer, so we’ve come up with a plan. In lieu of Next Steps: Fiji, we are offering a hybrid AIM/Next Steps Training event, combining the best of Next Steps training with practical in-person and virtual ministry opportunities within the Pacific Region. The application deadline has come and gone, but check back for reports in June.
WHEN: June 6-26, 2021
WHERE: Urshan College, Wentzville, MO (right down the road from World Headquarters)
LODGING: Urshan College dorms, double occupancy
COST: $1300 total; $930 will be payable as tuition at the end of April, bring $370 for food and laundry. *Does not include travel expense to the training event.
TUITION COVERS: accommodations, program materials, 1 weekend excursion, program fees, and lunches for 12 days (lunches during RKR training and weekends are on your own).
TRAINING CONTENT: Below is a brief overview; a full schedule will be sent out two weeks before arrival. On the 25th, the final training day of HYBRID21, you’ll receive a certificate of completion.
- Week 1: Who I Am in Christ – while getting to know your instructors and fellow participants, week one is a time to reaffirm your place in Christ and the missions community. You’ll end the week with an excursion to serve in a local church outside of the St. Louis area.
- Sample topics: Biblical View of Missions, Ambassadors, Whom God Calls He Equips, Doing Ministry from a Non-Western Perspective, Prayer Strategies for the Field, Spiritual Disciplines, Beauty for Ashes, Altar Working Basics, and more.
- Week 2: Where I Am – with a focus on the Pacific Region, missionaries from Samoa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Vanuatu, New Zealand, New Caledonia, and Malaysia will be joining us in person and via ZOOM to share what God is doing in the region. You’ll especially not want to miss the teaching on Spiritual Warfare this week! And at the end of the week the RKR Global Training team will take you on a deeper spiritual journey.
- Sample topics: Missionary Life in the region, Rolling with the Punches, Conflict Resolution, Culture Shock, The Apostolic STMer, Spiritual Warfare, Understanding Culture and World View, Healthy Relationships, and more.
- Week 3: What I Am – discover the opportunities as well as get a behind-the-scenes pass to Global Missions. Meet the executives and find out how you can make missions a short-term commitment, a career path, or how you can make others aware of our pathway to the harvest.
- Sample topics: Mentoring the Next Generation, Compassion Services Int’l, Anatomy of Culture, Language Acquisition, Dynamic Duo (Power/Word), Creative Access Nations, Bible Study, Sermon Prep, GM Structure, Opportunities Around the World, and more.
BONUS: your registration includes the 3-day RKR Global Training event. Find out more here. Training done by the LATVIA missions team.
APPLICATION PROCESS: fill out an application below, pay the $100 app fee, then we’ll contact your pastor for a confidential recommendation (so be sure you’ve talked with him/her before you apply). Once we have a thumbs up from your pastor, we’ll contact you via email to let you know further program details concerning budget and arrival info. The APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED.